Friday, May 18, 2012


Corrie, 

  Last month you turned one. I know everyone says this, but we really can't believe you are already one...the year has flown by...where did the time go? I'm so sorry for your lack of pictures, lack of a baby book and lack of blog updates. If my fetal attempts at capturing every moment with you is any indicator towards future children, I might forget they even exist. Thankfully, you are amazing and I am sure with your good natured personality, you won't even care. Here is why you have been such a joy in our lives. 

   I'm pretty sure your daddy and I repeatedly say you are perfect throughout the day. You are the sweetest little thing and we adore you. I love your smile and how your whole face lights up and your nose even crinkles. Everyone who meets you falls in love with your easy going nature. You are already social, fun, quiet and relaxed. At the end of the week I will ask your daddy if you have cried at all and most of the time the answer is no. Nothing ever really upsets you. You just go with the flow and we are so grateful for you. 

  I'm so thankful at what a good eater and sleeper you are. You will eat anything! We have not put one thing in your mouth that you did not like. You impressively take down more food than Samuel. Thank you for being so easy to put to sleep. Most nights it just involves saying "night night" to your sheep, a quick cuddle and into your crib without a fuss. I think you know how much attention your brother demands and you feel sorry for us!

  I love that you are taking things at your own pace. I know that you will not be rushed to do anything, so we don't push you. You love the mobility you have with crawling and I can't imagine you ever walking. I am sure you will surprise us and just pick yourself up and start walking. Content is a word that is often used to describe you. Whether you are in your car seat, on the floor, outside or being held, you are content. We pray that one day you will be content in knowing God's presence is enough. 

  Your brother adores you and I think the feeling is mutual. He is often affectionately calling you sweet girl, baby girl, sweet pea or Corrie girl. He always wants to hug and kiss you (sometimes a little too rough) and he needs to know where you are at all times. You light up when you see him and even squeal when he comes near. We pray that your relationship with Samuel would strengthen as you age. We pray that he would be one more person to deepen your relationship with the Lord. That you would bond over a mutual understanding of the Gospel and will always strive to encourage, uplift and love each other. We pray you find true biblical community in your brother. 

One verse that we have been praying for you is, " The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace" Numbers 6:24-26. I specifically pray that nothing would capture your heart except the love and grace of God.

Corrie, it is a pleasure to be your mother. You are an absolute joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment