Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day

A lot of holidays fall on a Sunday and we are learning what that looks like for a family in ministry. Ryan did and does a wonderful job of making me feel special and celebrating here and there the entire week-end.

Saturday
Ryan and the kids took me to a fabric store to pick out some material to cover a chair I am working on. Sounds boring, but I was really excited!

Here is a sneak peek of a project I am working on...

Next, we headed over to the Farmer's Market and bought lunch at Pie Pushers. I have a slightly new obsession with food trucks and want to eat at as many as I can!
Across the street from the Farmer's Market is Durham Central Park. It's not a large or exciting park, but Samuel loves it. They have a fun bridge to run on and a statue of a bird and turtle that can be climbed on.



 That afternoon Samuel took me to a movie. We had a blast. I love movies and he was so stinkin' excited. He kept telling me, "Mommy, we are on a date!"


We watched Chimpanzee, the Disney Nature movie. It was good, a little slow... so if your kid does not LOVE animals, it might not keep their attention.

Sunday
 Was celebrated with an afternoon nap and pancakes for dinner at Cracker Barrel.

What a sweet family I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment